TERMS AND CONDITIONS ON THE NET
The following terms and conditions apply to all purchases of items from this website. Please read this document carefully before placing your order. We reserve the right to change these terms from time to time. Any such changes shall not affect any contract subsisting between us at the time of such change. Please check them before you make any new purchase. We advise you, to print and keep safe a copy of these terms and conditions for your reference.
Sale of Goods
• By placing an order with Star Espresso Machines (referred to as us/we/our) you (the customer) are accepting these terms and conditions, as well as our Website Terms and Conditions of Use, to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions. These conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
• Products sold through this online shop are for Commercial use only and as such, the transaction between you the customer and us, will be treated as a business to business transaction.
• We will acknowledge your order by e-mail as soon as possible. Any e-mail or other acknowledgment from us does not constitute our legal acceptance of your order. Your offer is accepted and our contract begins with you, our valued customer, when the goods are despatched.
• You will receive with your goods a printed receipt. Please ensure you keep this in a safe place as this will also be your guarantee on the following terms: Should any of the goods develop a fault simply contact us and we will reoslve the issue as stipulated in our equipment warranty. After the warranty has expired we will still endeavour to help with any servicing your goods may require. We shall have the right to terminate the contract between us without penalty within 7 days from the date we accept your order. In the event of termination we will gladly refund to you all sums paid to us. Termination of contract shall be without prejudice to the rights and duties of either you or us accrued prior to termination.
Payment and Prices
• We will accept payment of your order by Visa and/or Mastercard, cash on delivery with written permission prior to the order being placed. Payment on account by means of cheque or bank transfer is acceptable subject to credit checks.
• Payment for goods must be made in accordance with our purchase procedure. All orders are positively credit card sanctioned prior to despatch. We cannot accept responsibility if any details you provide us with are incorrect or if any order is held up as a result of incorrect details.
• The price for the goods will be as stipulated on the website at the time when you place your order. We are entitled to make adjustments to the price to take in to account any increase in our costs of manufacture, supplier's prices, or the imposition of any new taxes or duties, or if due to an error or omission on the price published for the goods on our website is wrong. We try to ensure that all prices displayed on our website are accurate, but the price of the goods on your order will need to be validated by us prior to processing your order. If there is a problem, we will inform you of the correct price and will give you the opportunity to purchase the goods at the correct price.
• All prices on our website are in pounds sterling and exclusive of VAT. They are also exclusive of our very reasonable delivery charges, which will be payable as indicated at the time of placing your order, although orders over the cost of £60 are delivered for free under our standard default delivery service.
• Your order for goods is subject to availability. If we do not supply goods to you for any reason we will inform you of the situation and will not charge you for those goods, we will obviously refund any money already paid by you for the goods. However, we will not be responsible for compensating you for any other losses, which you may suffer if we do not supply the goods.
• We regret that we cannot accept orders for and make deliveries to addresses outside of mainland Britain. For delivery addresses within the mainland, we will endeavour to deliver the goods within the times stated in our Purchase Procedure, but time shall not be of the essence. If no times are specified, delivery shall be within a reasonable time. We shall not be liable for any losses, costs, damages, charges or expenses caused by any delay for delivery of the goods unless caused by our negligence.
• Should delivery be delayed by us for more than 7 days from the delivery date you have the right to contact us and refuse the goods. In this case we will happily refund you any money paid for the goods, as the last thing we want is a dissatisfied customer.
• We reserve the right to pass on charges incurred to ourselves to you for re-delivery if you are not present at the agreed original delivery date.
• As soon as we have delivered the goods to you, you will be responsible for them. When we deliver the goods we will require you to sign for them. If you are not able to sign for a delivery, we will do our utmost to let you know when we intend to redeliver the goods again. Our responsibility for everything other than damage due to our negligence will end at the time the carrier tried to delivery the goods to you.
• Title in the goods will pass on delivery. Should you return the goods pursuant to conditions set out under these terms and conditions, then title in the goods shall revert to us when you return the goods to us.
• Important notice - time limit for notification of claims:- If goods arrive in a damaged condition you must inform us within 7 days of the date of delivery and we will either replace the goods at no charge, or fix the goods in situ. If the replaced goods are found not to be defective and in full working order, they will be returned to you. All collection and re-delivery costs will be charged to you, to cover the costs we have incurred. If the goods are found to be faulty outside 7 days from receipt of goods, please refer to “Sale of Goods” for additional conditions that apply.
• If we are required to send an engineer to your site to inspect and repair a product, and that product is subsequently found to be in good working order, we will charge you a standard aborted call-out charge for the costs we incur (typically £65.00, but subject to change). At the time of booking the call, we will ask you to guarantee the cost of the call-out before instructing the engineer by securing a credit or debit card deposit. We will only charge the abortive call-out fee to your debit or credit card if no fault is found.
• Many of the goods we sell are of a technical nature and unfortunately it is not practical to publish detailed specifications of all the goods and keep specifications 100% up to date. All drawings, descriptive matter, specifications and advertising on our website are for the sole purpose of giving approximate descriptions of the goods. However, if your goods do not conform to the specification displayed on the website relating to such goods at the date of purchase, we will arrange for collection of the goods from you and you will be entitled to receive a refund on production of the proof of purchase (sale receipt/invoice).
• As you can appreciate we shall not be liable to you, for any failure or delay in performance of our contract, if it is due to an event beyond our reasonable control. Including, without limitation, acts of God, war, industrial dispute, fire, flood, tempest and national emergencies and if so delayed we shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of time for performing such obligations.
• The contract between us shall be deemed, to have been made in England and shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales.
• We operate a complaints handling procedure which we will use to try to resolve disputes when they first arise. We will, however, endeavour to acknowledge all complaints within 7 working days. If you have a complaint please contact us at:
Star Espresso Machines Ltd
21, Jupiter Business Park
Or via our contact page.
WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
• This website is operated by Star Espresso Machines (Ltd) whose registered office is Star Espresso Machines Ltd, 21, Jupiter Business Park, Stafford, Staffordshire, ST18 0PA (referred to as us/we/our).
• We grant you (the user) a non-exclusive licence to use this website upon the following terms and conditions.
• We reserve the right to terminate this licence at any time without notice.
Materials in Site
• This website contains material which is owned by or licensed by us. This material includes but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. It is protected by intellectual property laws, including but not limited to copyright.
• All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to us, are acknowledged on the website.
• You may view, use, download and store the material on this website for personal and research only. Commercial use of the material on this website is not permitted. The redistribution, republication, or otherwise making available of the material on this website to third parties without our prior written consent is prohibited.
• Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
Accuracy of Information
• The information in this website is given in good faith. It is subject to change without prior notice. We are not responsible for any inaccuracies and (except as set out under the heading “Liability”) make no representation and give no warranty as to its accuracy. Please see our Terms and Conditions of Sale regarding the basis on which we will provide goods and services to you. In particular please also see section “Payment and Prices” of the Terms and Conditions of Sale regarding changes to the price of products.
• Nothing on this website is intended to be nor should be construed as an offer to enter into a contractual relationship.
• This website contains links to other websites. We accept no responsibility or liability for the content of other websites which are not under our strict control. Any link is not intended to be, nor should be construed as, an endorsement of any kind by us of that other website. Any arrangements made between you and any third party named or referred to on this website are entirely at your sole risk and responsibility.
• You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without our prior written consent.
• We do not guarantee that use of this website will be compatible with all hardware and software which may be used by visitors to the site.
• Except as set out in the clause below, we will be under no liability to you whatsoever whether in contract, tort (including negligence) breach of statutory duty, restitution or otherwise for any injury, death, damage or direct, indirect or consequential loss (all three of which terms include without limitation, pure economic loss, loss of profits, loss of business, depletion of goodwill and like loss) howsoever caused arising out of any information or other materials contained in this website, including, without limitation, as a result of any computer virus or any errors in the content of this website or any communication from us regarding the same.
• These terms and conditions do not exclude our liability (if any) to you for personal injury or death resulting from our negligence, for fraud or for any matter which it would be illegal for us to exclude or to attempt to exclude our liability.
• The information you enter when placing an order is required only to confirm and process your order and to ensure the highest possible level of service. Your details are not passed to any third parties or used for any marketing purposes.
• Only when entering your email address for our newsletter may your email address be used by ourselves for the purpose of us keeping you fully informed with current news and updates. If you have any queries regarding this, please contact us.
• These terms and conditions (including the privacy statement detailed above) contain all the terms which you have agreed with us in relation to the use of the website.
Jurisdiction and Acceptance of these Terms and Conditions
• This website is controlled and operated by us from our offices in England. The information, existence, construction, performance, validity in all aspects whatsoever of these terms and conditions or of any terms of these terms and conditions or any dispute in relation to the material contained in this website shall be governed by English Law and where a dispute arises in Wales, the applicable law will be English law as applied in Wales. The English and Welsh courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any disputes which may arise out of or in connection with these terms and conditions of use of the website.
• Your continued use of this website indicates your acceptance of these terms and conditions.